Welcome to Homes, Lowry, Horn & Johnson’s Career Page
At HLHJ, we believe that building a career is a lifelong journey. We will provide you with the necessary tools to grow every step of the way! We offer a unique environment that begins with people; whether an employee or client, we put the success of our professionals and our clients first.
We offer a great combination of employee benefits, flexible work schedule, outstanding professional challenges, and a work culture that few firms can attain. We pride ourselves on the longevity of our staff. Our employees stay with the firm for many years, as our commitment to our employees and clients is truly something special.
We are looking for individuals with exceptional skills, education and the willingness to embrace the intangible qualities of work ethic, honesty, loyalty and teamwork. We have a wonderful team and are always looking to add to our successful firm.
1. HLHJ is looking for a recent graduate or soon to be graduate who is interested in a career in public accounting to fill a Staff Accountant position. Must have a bachelor’s degree, accounting courses, and 150 credit hours required to sit for the CPA exam. Our Staff Accountants experience a wide variety of accounting, tax, and auditing assignments in a challenging environment.
2. HLHJ is seeking a motivated full time professional, CPA preferred, with at least three years of public accounting experience. Candidate should have a thorough understanding of corporate, partnership and individual taxation as well as accounting principles, financial statements, general ledger and trial balances. Must be able to perform all phases of audits, including supervision of staff and production of financial statements. Experience with ProSystem fx Tax and Engagement software, employee benefit plans, not-for-profit organizations and contractors is a plus.
3. HLHJ has an opening for a career motivated tax professional with seven or more years of experience seeking challenging work and unlimited advancement opportunities.
- Bachelor's degree in Accounting; Master's degree in Taxation is a plus
- CPA required
- Seven or more years in Public Accounting
- Proficiency in the use of tax preparation (ProSystem fx Tax), tax research, and tax projection software
- Knowledge of federal, state, and multi-state income and franchise taxation and the ability to communicate directly with clients
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills as well as problem solving skills
- Demonstrates a willingness to learn and expand on technical tax and accounting expertise
- Ability to work independently, is self-directed, results-oriented, and takes initiative
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Review complex pass-through entity, corporate, individual, trust & estate tax returns
- Mentor and train staff on specific tax issues and/or tax questions
- Perform tax research, including analysis of new tax laws and proposed legislation, and also conduct special research projects as assigned by Partner(s) and Manager(s)
- Manage multiple jobs in order to meet client deadlines
Please send resume in confidence to: Personnel Director, Homes, Lowry, Horn & Johnson, Ltd., E-mail: resumes@HLHJ.com