Welcome to Homes, Lowry, Horn & Johnson’s Career Page
At HLHJ, we believe that building a career is a lifelong journey. We will provide you with the necessary tools to grow every step of the way! We offer a unique environment that begins with people; whether an employee or client, we put the success of our professionals and our clients first.
We provide a work life balance for our employees which includes a reduced annual hourly billable requirement and a flexible work schedule. The clients we service include government contractors, real estate professionals, auto dealerships, construction contractors, professional service organizes, not-for-profits, and high net worth individuals.
We are looking for individuals with exceptional skills, education and the willingness to embrace the intangible qualities of work ethic, honesty, loyalty and teamwork. We have a wonderful team and are always looking to add to our successful firm.
1. Tax Manager/Senior Manager: A motivated full time professional, CPA required, with at least 7 years of experience to join our team. The position offers varied experience in all areas of tax research, planning and compliance with the potential to be considered for partnership in our firm for the ideal candidate. The clients we service include government contractors, real estate professionals, auto dealerships, construction contractors, professional service organizations, not-for-profits, and high net worth individuals.
- Bachelor’s degree in Accounting; Master’s degree in Taxation is a plus
- CPA required
- Seven or more years in Public Accounting
- Proficiency in the use of tax preparation (ProSystem fx® Tax), tax research, and tax projection software
- Knowledge of federal, state, and multi-state income and franchise taxation and the ability to communicate directly with clients
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills as well as problem solving skills
- Demonstrates a willingness to learn and expand on technical tax and accounting expertise
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Review complex pass-through entity, corporate, individual, trust & estate tax returns
- Mentor and train staff on specific tax issues and/or tax questions
- Perform tax research, including analysis of new tax laws and proposed legislation, and also conduct special research projects as assigned by Partner(s) and Manager(s)
- Manage multiple jobs in order to meet client deadlines
2. Audit Supervisor: A motivated full time professional, CPA preferred, with at least four years of public accounting experience. Candidate must be able to perform all phases of audits, including supervision of staff and production of financial statements. Candidate should also have a thorough understanding of accounting principles and posting of journal entries. Experience with ProSystem fx Engagement software, employee benefit plans, not-for-profit organizations and auto dealerships is a plus.
3. Staff Accountant: A recent graduate or soon to be graduate who is interested in a career in public accounting to fill a Staff Accountant position. Must have a bachelor’s degree, accounting courses, and 150 credit hours required to sit for the CPA exam. Our Staff Accountants experience a wide variety of accounting, tax, and auditing assignments in a challenging environment
Please send resume in confidence to: Personnel Director, Homes, Lowry, Horn & Johnson, Ltd., E-mail: resumes@HLHJ.com