- Washingtonian Magazine has named Roger Overton as one of the areas "Top Money Advisors/Tax Accountants".
- Accounting Today magazine has named HLHJ as one of the 2012 Best Accounting Firms to work for, this is our fourth year in a row!
- The following HLHJ employees have been awarded the title of “Super CPA” by the Virginia Business Journal for 2012.
Employee Benefit Plans: Catherine L. Eberly
Estate Planning & Trusts: Roger W. Overton
Government/Nonprofit: Gail E. Chambers
Individual Tax: Patricia B. Dix
Personal Financial Planning: Timothy D. Vessell
Small Business Consulting: Kathleen M. Poorbaugh
Young CPAs: Allison Parsons
- Our firm participated for four years in the Annual VolunteerFest of Fairfax County and helped clean up Nottaway Park in Vienna.
- HLHJ sponsors a different charity each month through our “Jeans Day for Charity” program. On the first Friday of each month a specific charity is chosen from a list compiled by the employees. Donations are collected for each specific cause and help raise awareness of all the worthwhile charities that are in need.
The charities we have supported include:
- Team River Runner Nonprofit supporting Disabled Veterans
- Make a Wish Foundation of America
- National Brain Tumor Society
- Alzheimer's Association
- Wounded Warrior Project
- Lymphoma Research Foundation
- MADD - Mothers Against Drunk Driving
- Paralyzed Veterans of America
- Breast Cancer Research – Lee Denim Day
- ASHA for Women- Asian Women's Self Help Association
- American Red Cross
- Marine Corp Toys for Tots
- St. Jude Children's Research Hospital